- Construction: Diecast aluminium alloy.
- Size: 216mm x 156mm x 32mm.
- Weight: (including batteries) 1150 grammes.
- Sealing: Waterproof against accidental immersion.
- Straps: Wrist strap on either side.
- Screen: 240 x 64 dot full graphic liquid crystal display with keyboard-controlled contrast.
- Keyboard: 58 keys arranged in four rows of 15. Qwerty layout with function and control keys. Fully waterproof sealed rubber keys.
- Built-in language: Extended basic interpreter.
- File handler: CP/M compatible software environment allows loading of meny popular programs.
- Storage: Programs and data stored indefinitely in battery supported memory. Operating system stored in firmware, occupying no RAM space.
- Screen handling (text mode): The actual screen of eight 40 character lines forms a window on a larger virtual screen. The window is controlled with the cursor keys.
- Screen handling (graphics mode): Both text and graphics information are displayed together. There are five selectable character sizes giving facilities for elegant, professional screen formatting.
- Keyboard: All keys re-allocatable in software.
Full addressing of all 240 X 64 dots. Software support for lines, boxes, circles and points.
Fully programmable for 4 octave range note and duration.
Five different sized charactersets selectable from Basic. Reverse video characters supported for all sets. True descenders on larger sizes.
- Type: CMOS low power semiconductor RAM.
- Retention: Battery support with soldered in Ni/Cd backup.
- Capacity: Available in RAM size options of 80k byte, 144k byte and 208k byte. Operating system utilises 8k byte of this memory.
- Firmware: Built-in operating system including file manager, Basic interpreter and disk emulator.
- Upgrading: RAM memory can be upgraded on return to factory to larger size.
Real Time Clock
- Type: Software accessible time of day and calendar clock. Totally independent of microprocessor.
- Accuracy: 200ppm worst case, typically 2 sec per day.
- Integrity: Non volatile, battery backed.
- Type: NSC800-4
- Software: Executes the Z-80 instruction set (8080 super set); can run standard CP/M compatible programs.
- Cycle time: 250ns (4MHz)
Main: Four 'AA' cells, Ni/Cd rechargeable for daily use. Mallory MN1500 for long shelf life and reliability.
Typical operating lifetime (software dependant) 14h (Ni/Cd) 45h alkaline.
- Secondary: Built-in Ni/Cd charged from main cells when operating. Life 50h when main batteries are discharged.