The Husky's operating system is DEMOS (Disk EMulation Operating System). It is CP/M 2.2 compatible. A 40×8 virtual window is used to display the full 80×25 screen for compatibility with CP/M software written for larger screens.
The DEMOS CCP (Console Command Processor) contains the following built-in commands:
- Connects the console to the RS-232 port.
- Lists filenames in the directory.
- Erase (delete) files.
- Clears all files in memory.
- Receive a file from the RS232 port.
- Toggle key labels.
- Renames the specified file.
- Saves memory contents in a file.
- Send a file to the RS232 port.
- Types the contents of a file.
The following are transient commands which are restored from ROM after using the FORMAT command:
- Hunter Basic Interpreter.
- Date and Time setup utility.
- Communication setup utility.
- Invoke built in screen editor.
- Enter terminal mode.